Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Autolab Task 6 - Add vSphere Management Assistant

Task 6 briefly explains about why you'd want to install the VMA in your lab.  The biggest reason I installed it is because I'm studying for my VCAP5-DCA.  The next reason?  Practice.  The ovf import is very straight forward.  I only ran into two minor issues during the deployment.

1 - In the document it mentions that you can't use the lab default password and to use a more complex version of that password.  I tried to use "that" more complex password and it failed.  I can only imagine that it was a length issue.  I used a similarly complex password that was longer and it worked without issue.

2 - When I tried to power on my newly created appliance the following error popped up:


I was all sorts of confused as to why it wouldn't power on.  I turned to Duncan Epping and his Yellow-Bricks.com blog.  I found a blog of his with the exact error and resolution:  Creating an IP-Pool.  I walked through the steps of his blog and the appliance started up without issue.

Thanks to Mr. Epping for the wonderful post:  http://www.yellow-bricks.com/2012/02/02/creating-an-ip-pool-for-vc-ops/

No comments:

Post a Comment